Friday, June 12, 2009

Farewell to Steve Kimock Crazy Engine

Well, the news has hit the streets. Below are the “official” statements from Kimock camp and myself in regards to my departure from the Steve Kimock Crazy Engine. I’ll probably return with some “unofficial” thoughts and comments, and as always, my open door policy to friends, fans, Facebook acquaintances and strangers stands, so feel free to contact me with your thoughts.

I know everyone's biggest question for the moment is..."Will the blog continue?" And I believe that answer is YES. There are still plenty of interesting adventures ahead on the road with FGC, and you will (hopefully...probably) get to read about them here. Now on to business...


From Steve Kimock Productions:

Steve Kimock Crazy Engine is saying farewell to bassist Janis Wallin. Conflicting schedules and diverging creative interests have led to a mutual agreement to part ways, and while all parties are confident this is the right choice, we will miss Janis and are sad to see her go. Steve's inclination to fill the bass chair promptly combined with impractical travel logistics have led us all to conclude that it would be best for Janis's departure to be effective immediately; however, we look forward to working together in the future as time and schedules permit. We'd like to thank Janis for a wonderful couple of months, and we sincerely wish her all the best!


From me:

After speaking at great length, Steve and I came to a mutual agreement that although the Crazy Engine has thus far made some fantastic music and has been a positive experience for all involved, it's not the right assembly of players for a long-term project. With Steve's and my own artistic and professional goals in mind, the Crazy Engine and I will be parting ways effective this weekend. I regret the last minute nature of this change and apologize to those that were particularly looking forward to seeing me with the band in the coming weeks. Working with this incredible group of musicians and crew has been the experience of a lifetime. I am extremely grateful for the opportunity, and look forward to working with Steve again in the future. At this point however, I'm most excited to return my focus full time to Family Groove Company!

Thank you Steve, Melvin, Johnny, Cheryl, Shirley, Brian, Charlie, Chris, Jenn and the FLOK for a wonderful adventure. And to Jordan, Adam, Mattias, Mike, and the supportive FGC fanbase who I love dearly, I can't wait to get down with you all at the next show!

Janis

1 comment:

  1. It was a great run! Thanks for sharing your blog, and your funky bass riffs, with all of us fans. Maybe you could bring the FGC to BTV sometime...

    Scott from VT

    ReplyDelete