Friday, April 17, 2009

4/16/09 Higher Ground, Burlington, VT

Click here to stream free audio of the show!

While awaiting soundcheck, dinner was served in the greenroom...an awesome buffet of salad, rice pilaf, a portabella cheesy thing, some broccoli and a couple meaty choices that I didn't care about. The food was amazing!

After soundcheck, I got to hang out a bit with my cousin Kim who lives in Burlington and came out for the show. Over some casual introductory conversation with Steve in the green room, we both learned that Steve was a legitimate shepherd for over 5 years of his life. A freakin' shepherd, seriously.

The show went well, but the crowd was a bit different than the West Coast division...a bit more low key. Charlie wrote the set tonight and did a good job varying it up with some different tunes. We debuted a few new ones, including "Why Can't We Be Friends," "Long Form Part 4," and a really pretty "Stella Blue."

After the show, I chatted with some fans and got to pet two super cute dogs that were running around the parking lot. (For those who want to keep score along with me, to the left, I'll be tallying up all the dogs I get to pet on this trip!)

The bus was leaving after the show for our show tomorrow in Connecticut, so we all piled on after the fairly quick gear load-out, thanks to the crew and stagehands. The Girls were quick to break out the wine and got nice and tipsy, but almost everyone crashed pretty early, leaving me with my blog and some DirecTV with spotty reception, though I still managed to watch most of an episode of the Dog Whisperer without too many interruptions.

Off to my bunk...see you in Connecticut!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see at least TWO cute dog pets per day. That is your mission, should you choose to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the "fretted electric bass"! You're far too charitable in calling the crowd "low key." C'mon - we were comatose! It was embarrassing, and I hope y'all don't give up on Vermont. -SA

    ReplyDelete