Wednesday, April 1, 2009

4/1/09 Red Fox Tavern, Eureka, CA

Another two night run at the same venue, which meant lots of relaxation at the hotel on Day 2. In the afternoon, I hit up a health food store with Chris and Charlie and grabbed some interesting snacks, but for the most part was cooped up at the hotel working on my computer. We had a fairly substantial rehearsal at the venue in the late afternoon, working out some new tunes and trying to get the monitors a little better. After soundcheck, I went to grab some Japanese takeout with The Girls, which ended up taking for-fucking-ever, so my pre-show meal was a bit rushed. ("While We Wait For Japanese Food"???)

The show was another relaxed one, and we had some more cool jams. We pulled out a new one called "Soul Roach," a fairly standard bluesy type tune that's a lot of fun to play. We ended the 2nd set a bit early due to the next day's early start and long drive. At this point, I started to really appreciate the fact that I could basically walk off stage and get a ride to the hotel almost instantly, without having to do a single bit of teardown. Thanks to the crew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment