Saturday, April 18, 2009

4/17/09 Fairfield Theater Company, Fairfield, CT

Click here to stream free audio of the show!


We drove overnight from VT and arrived in Fairfield around 8am on Friday. I caught a few hours of sleep on the bus, but was so thankful to get to the hotel and sleep in a real (and stationary) bed for a good six hours before heading over to soundcheck.

The venue was small and had kind of a jazz club meets high school auditorium vibe. It was all seating with no dance floor, so I was wondering what kind of reaction to expect from the crowd, who is usually up and dancing for our shows.
The best part about the venue was the fact that Boyz II Men has a show there next month, so it was a real honor to play on the same stage as my favorite crooners from the 90's, who I can't believe are still touring.

After soundcheck, Kimock fan and local restaurant proprietor, Dave, took Johnny and me to his restaurant, Chef's Table. I got an amazing burrito (Thanks Dave!!), and got to pet a really cute Golden Retriever on the way back (Note: updated dog count = 3!!).



The show went really well. The crowd, despite being seated, was engaged and enthusiastic. Steve had a lot more smiles than the previous night, and Johnny was raging on the kit. We had some memorable versions of "Ice Cream" and "Footprints", which somehow started out in 4/4 and ended in 3/4. The Girls got the crowd up in their seats for the last tune ("It's Your Thing") and I capped it off with a rock star jump at the end.

3 comments:

  1. Hi: I got to your site cause I was looking for the set list(missed first 4 songs as Steve usually starts at 10:30 -11 when I ve seen him in NYC.) The band was great and I like the diviersity the band and of the songs. It was great to see you and John Morga(the pirate) up there having a lot of fun. totally different vibe than otehr Kimock shows Ive been to. I think its great Steve is having you two younins play with him. You looked like you were having a great time. Keep up thte good work.It must be a treat for you to play with him and the band. - Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks craig! the shows are a lot of fun for me, so glad to hear that it comes across!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just listened to the "Ice Cream" from this show and your bass parts in the second half of the tune are freakin' nasty! Nice work!

    mike in eugene

    ReplyDelete