Wednesday, April 22, 2009

4/21/09 Greensboro, NC - Day Off!!


My day off was fairly uneventful, as it should be. We had arrived at the hotel around 7:30am that morning, so I was able to cash in on that elusive continental breakfast before hitting the sack until about 2pm. It was a confusing weather day, with sun one minute and rain the next, so I decided against venturing outside for the afternoon and instead lounged around the hotel and did a quick work-out in the fitness center. I did catch sight of a pretty sweet rainbow, though my cheap cell phone camera doesn't really do it justice!

Charlie and I hit up a local Japanese restaurant for dinner. Charlie was his usual embarrassing self, asking the hostess for the most romantic table, telling the hibachi chef it was my birthday (it wasn't), and threatening to propose to me in front of the entire restaurant. Keep in mind that this slimeball (term used affectionately, of course) is already engaged.

After dinner, I did some laundry at the hotel and amused myself with American Idol and other trashy TV shows. Sleep didn't come too easily since I had woken up so late that day, but at the very least, I was appreciating the stationary bed, as the next 2 nights will be spent on the bus. Joy joy.

The next 5 day run starts in Charlotte, where I'm currently typing this blog entry from the skanky backstage area. Looks to be a cool venue though, so hopefully I will have good reports in tomorrow's wrap up. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Props to Charlie for totally embarrassing you. AWESOME!!! I need to congratulate him next time I see him. Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete