Saturday, April 25, 2009

4/24/09 Revolution, Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Click here to stream free audio of the show!

We arrived in Ft. Lauderdale around 1pm after driving all night from South Carolina. I did some sleepy math that 8 hours of sleeping on the bus barely amounted to even half that of actual sleep, so I was glad to grab a nap at the hotel before soundcheck.

The venue was probably the most impressive yet of the tour. Very nice stage and soundsystem, and cool layout with sizeable dance floor and 2 balconies around the perimeter. I was worried about the sound due to the size of the venue and the shiny wooden floor of the stage, but Brian got everything dialed in nicely, and I found the sound on stage to be quite good.

After soundcheck, I had some dinner with hardcore FGC fan, Zach, who was pumped to have any member of FGC in his home state. Oddly enough, it seems that big boy Zach has "switched teams" in the dietary department, going from Midwest-style hearty steak and potatoes to strictly salads. Quite an interesting dinner witnessing Zach dive into a bowlful of greens!

The show went off well, and while the crowd seemed kind of far away due to the high stage, I think it was one of our largest crowds yet on this tour, and they were dancing and enthusiastic. We didn't stretch out too much in the jam department at this show, with the exception of "Ice Cream," which went some cool places. "Tangled Hangers" had some interesting turns, but never really took off the way it did on the 4/20 Annapolis show. Second set's "Why Can't We Be Friends?" got the crowd engaged and Melvin and The Girls worked 'em pretty good.

After the show, I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel, but as luck would have it, was not able to fall asleep as quickly as I wanted. Oh well, at least I will be nice and tired for my overnight drive to Tampa tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I know there are some pictures that are supposed to be posted here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. alright alright...pic of zach and me just added! :)

    ReplyDelete